Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding

From: Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren
Subject: Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 00:43:39 +0200

[Stefan Monnier]

| Most people in the latin-1 world use Emacs in multibyte mode
| with great success, including using LaTeX.  So you'll need
| to show a step by step situation where Emacs fails to do what
| it should.  And then we'll either fix the problem or tell
| you where you did something wrong.

posting to Newsgroups from Gnus.

If I have to stop using unibyte mode, I need to shop for another
newsreader, because people who use newsreaders that don't grok UTF-8

- get two characters wherever I have a character whose ordinal value is
  < 128.
- mail me and ask me to fix my newsreader.

the LaTeX problem, though, seems to have been fixed.  that's a bit
embarassing actually.

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/
address@hidden