Display at point

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Display at point
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:45:15 +0100

In gdb-ui.el (user interface for Gdb), I have a buffer that displays the
inferior as assembler and places an arrow by the current instruction. If the
current line doesn't fit in the window, I can't seem to get it to display
there. I've tried various approaches (save-slected-window -> select-window ->
recenter) and as shown below.  Although the mode-line (or M-x what-line)
indicates that the point is where I want it, the display doesn't move
there. When I select the window by clicking on the mode-line, the cursor
displays in the window at a different location to point. If I type `C-p',
however, it then redisplays and starts to move from point.

Can someone please tell me how to get the display to move automatically?

Nick

(defun gdb-assembler-custom ()
  (let ((buffer (gdb-get-buffer 'gdb-assembler-buffer))
        (address) (flag))
    (save-excursion
      (set-buffer buffer)
      (if (not (equal gdb-current-address "main"))
          (progn
            (remove-arrow)
            (goto-char (point-min))
            (if (re-search-forward gdb-current-address nil t)
                (progn
                  (put-arrow "=>" (point) nil 'left-margin)
                  (set-window-point gdb-source-window (point))))))