Re: Various simple.el patches

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Various simple.el patches
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:22:07 -0500 (CDT)

There are still problems with the function, both in the original
version and after my changes.  Remember that successive kill commands,
no matter what they are, should handle the kill ring correctly.

Start out with:

word1 word2 word3 word4

and point between word3 and word4.

Do M-<backspace> S-<backspace> C-y.

Not the desired result.

I believe that with point in the middle of the to be killed region,
one should use two kill commands: one forward kill and one backward
kill.  Otherwise, the kill ring is bound to be messed up.

Sincerely,

Luc.