Re: S-backspace

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: S-backspace
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:44:35 -0400

    In the new CVS, <S-backspace> runs the command kill-whole-line.
    I'm hitting it about twice a day by accident, confusing me.
    Can we reconsider this recent keybinding addition?

Since two people have already complained, clearly we must remove
this binding.

    What about <M-S-backspace>.  Given your habits, that might still give
    you problems when trying to kill an entirely capitalized word backward
    with <M-backspace>, but that would seem to be a less frequent
    situation.

Ok, let's try that one and see if there are any problems.