Re: address@hidden: desktop-save variable ask-if -new always asks]

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: desktop-save variable ask-if -new always asks]
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:47:56 +0200

John covici wrote:

If memory serves, I tried this on the cvs of May 18, and had the
problem on that one also.

I might comment that the logic in that part of the code is very
complicated -- perhaps it should be broken out a bit at the cost of
some cpu cycles, but less human cycles.

on Monday 06/02/2003 Lars Hansen(address@hidden) wrote
> I have a fix ready. But before I send it, I want to investigate the > reason for the change that has just been made to desktop.el (revision > 1.56), it is wrong. > > Richard Stallman wrote: > > >This may have resulted from your changes--could you please investigate?

You are rigth, the problem has not been introduced with the recent changes (those after May 18). The bug should be fixed when the patch I posted earlier today is installed.