Re: Idea for compilation mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Idea for compilation mode
Date: 06 Jun 2003 10:45:20 +0900

>     I am not sure how often C-x C-p (mark-page) is used but maybe it
>     could be moved to C-x p which is free at the moment and would be
>     similar to C-x h (mark-whole- buffer).
>
> That seems like a plausible change.

Yeah, that's a good solution -- not only is `C-x p' slightly more
intuitive because it's a bit closer to `C-x h', but also previous-error
makes better use of the fact that `C-x C-p' is easy to type repeatedly
(because you can just hold down the control key and type `x p x p ...').
There's obviously little point in using mark-page more than once in row. :-)

There seems to be something of a consensus developing in this thread for
using `C-x C-n' and `C-x C-p' for next/previous-error, moving mark-page
to `C-x p', and simply removing the default binding for set-goal-column.

Are there any _objections_ to such a change?

-Miles
--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson