Re: emacs kpart

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs kpart
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:26:13 -0400

    Is there a way to store the contents of the current buffer and then, after
    some modification, retrieve only the part that have changed? I know that
    there are some functions for retrieving the entire or part of the buffer
    (e.g. buffer-string,buffer-substring) but if I don't know which parts have
    been modified after some point, my only choice is to retrieve the entire
    buffer, which is of course very inneficient.

You could look through the undo list.
You would need to prevent the undo list from being truncated
so that you could be sure it gives a complete record.