Re: C-j in Lisp interaction mode.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-j in Lisp interaction mode.
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 02:11:56 -0400

    C-j in Lisp interaction mode overrides `print-length' and
    `print-level' using `eval-expression-print-length' and
    `eval-expression-print-level'.  The purpose of the latter two
    variables would seem to avoid printing huge expressions in the echo
    area.  But I do not see any reason to use them in
    `eval-print-last-sexp', bound to C-j in Lisp interaction mode.

I think it is a nuisance if C-j spews out tremendous quantities
of data.  I don't think this should be changed.

      Also,
    `eval-expression-print-length' and `eval-expression-print-level' do
    not seem to be documented in the Elisp manual, which makes their use
    very confusing to beginning Elisp users.

That I agree should be changed somehow.