[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:45:44 +0200
Gnus/5.090016 (Oort Gnus v0.16) Emacs/20.7 (gnu/linux)
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> This code in cc-langs.el uses CL functions at run time.
Only if it isn't byte compiled, which isn't recommended. cc-langs is
not even loaded when everything is byte compiled.
> It won't work.
I still don't understand this aversion to the CL functions. I find it
absurd that there is an old and well established set of basic tools
that can't be used in many situations.
The only argument for that position I've heard is that the CL package
isn't namespace clean with some package prefix. That argument is weak
since it can't conceivably become a practical problem - the functions
are so old and well established that they are comparable to the
built-in functions. Anyone who would define a mapcan with any other
function than the one in CL would be both very silly and break the
> (c-lang-defconst c-operator-list
> ;; The operators as a flat list (without duplicates).
> t (delete-duplicates (mapcan (lambda (elem) (append (cdr elem) nil))
> (c-lang-const c-operators))
> :test 'string-equal))
> There are further uses of mapcan in the same file.
> Please fix this, then ack by responding to this message.
- Re: cc-langs.el,
Martin Stjernholm <=
- Re: cc-langs.el, Miles Bader, 2003/08/22
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/23
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/23
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/24
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/26
- Message not available
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/28
- Re: cc-langs.el, Richard Stallman, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Kevin Rodgers, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Miles Bader, 2003/08/29
- Re: cc-langs.el, Martin Stjernholm, 2003/08/30