Re: any comments before i apply patch? (was: Re: Calc: Big Lang matrix d

From: Lukasz Stafiniak
Subject: Re: any comments before i apply patch? (was: Re: Calc: Big Lang matrix display, `apart' bug fix)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 18:27:53 +0200

> Lukasz (the new calc maintainer) has asked me to apply this calc patch
> since his CVS is not working correctly.
>
> I am now knowledgable about what Lukasz has done here.  Do any calc
> gurus/enthusiasts have any comments/objections before I apply this
> patch?
>
> Lukasz, can you please describe in english what your patch does?
>

> DG                                 http://gnufans.net/~deego/
> --

It is really a little thing.

First, matrix display in Big Language mode:

  Before, entries to the matrix were actually printed in Flat Language

  Now, they are printed in Big Language, with vertical boxes expanded to the
size of the highest expression in a row

Second, `apart' bug fix:

  Before, inside `math-partial-fractions', `math-padded-polynomial'
calculated the polynomial representation of the remainder using
`math-is-polynomial' and not taking into consideration, that the last one
might return nil

  After, I inlined `math-padded-polynomial' to compute `math-is-polynomial'
and in case the latter returns nil, report an error "Expected a rational
function".

Best wishes,
Lukasz