Re: May I publish a Windows Installer for GNU Emacs?

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: May I publish a Windows Installer for GNU Emacs?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:44:33 +0200

Hi Frank,

Some thoughts.

Frank Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
> then the registry entries which would normally be set by running
> addpm.exe are added

AFAIK, these are not necessary any more, so if I were you, I wouldn't
do that.

> If $HOME has been set by the installer, the user is now prompted for
> a reboot and installation is finished.

Don't know how you are setting the variable on W9x/Me, but on
NT/W2K/XP, you don't needs a reboot for this.  I think you need to
send a notication message so that the Windows Explorer picks up the
new variable, but that's all.

benny