Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: emacs and libxml2 (for emacs w3)
Date: 24 Sep 2003 20:35:32 +0100

James Clark <address@hidden> writes:

> For the last few months, I've been working on new XML support for
> Emacs.

I've seen it (via Tim Bray's weblog http://www.tbray.org/ongoing) and
I was very impressed.

> It's still early days, but I think this is technically a better
> direction that linking to a general-purpose XML library like
> libxml2.

The attraction (to me) of libxml2 is that I use it elsewhere. I know
what it does. When I'm developing xml based tools within emacs, using
a parser and xpath evaluator that I will use in production has value
for me.

Nic