Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changing the no-toolkit scrollbar thumb color. (minor issue)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:31:57 -0400

          Basic face for the scroll bar colors under X.
                                               ^^^^^^^^

       I am not sure here.  The reason why I think of this as excluding GTK
       is because, unlike Lucid and LessTif, GTK does not use X resources.

    That does not matter.  In the case at hand, GTK is running under X.
    It is not running under some other windowing system.

That is correct.

    If you want to say

          Basic face for the scroll bar colors under toolkits like GTK
          that do not use X resources, even when running under X.

    then please fix the documentation to say so.

This would be documenting the bug.  That would be an improovement, but
what we really should do if at all feasible is fix the bug.  This face
should have its special effect for all toolkits.