Re: RMAIL, MIME clean-up, coding system

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RMAIL, MIME clean-up, coding system
Date: 07 Oct 2003 17:59:46 -0400

> [I think this discussion belongs to the development list; redirected.]

The context is missing.

>> Using a message-global X-Coding-System header field is not an option
>> anymore.
> Sorry, I don't see why not; we could, for example, use emacs-mule,
> right?

Just a reminder that we shouldn't fiddle too much with the encoding of MIME
email since things like gpg signatures might otherwise get broken.
I recommend using the "transport encoding" as is: after all, we have
to handle this encoding anyway.

Of course, for lack of context, I might be barking up the wrong tree.

        Stefan