Re: Automatic updating (of display?) of the buffer *cvs* fails

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Automatic updating (of display?) of the buffer *cvs* fails
Date: 11 Oct 2003 02:01:16 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Marcus Rost and others have reported that *cvs* buffer fails to update
> correctly when cvs process terminates ...

Marcus,

Since you (as the only one so far) can reproduce this reliably (and
you reported that it started sometime around May/June), it would
help a lot if you could  try to identify the change that caused this.

Could you try to checkout a version from CVS around 2003-06-01 and see
if the problem was present there (see the -D option to cvs).

If so, then gradually go further back; otherwise go forward (like a
binary search) to narrow down which change or set of changes (see
src/ChangeLog) caused this to happen.

Since I made quite a huge number of changes to buffer and window
code this spring, those changes could of course be the reason.
But there have also been changes to process.c around May/June which
could be involved...