Re: :format strings in Custom ending in %h

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: :format strings in Custom ending in %h
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:24:40 -0400

    I checked that your 2003-08-24 one-line patch is indeed sufficient and
    that the extra change I accidentally left in is indeed unnecessary (as
    was completely obvious from the code anyway).

That clears up one uncertainty, which is good.  We still have the
other issues that Per raised back in August:

    Yes, if we apply this patch we probably also should change all these
    values, mark widget-children-value-delete as obsolete (and inline the
    code in widget-default-delete), and document this property of :buttons
    and :children somewhere.

    But I don't know if there is some code that depend on :buttons and
    :children *not* being deleted recursively.  Maybe applying the patch
    will be the easiest way to find out.

    Oh, and we probably should find other places where :buttons and
    :children are deleted (now) reduntantly, and adjust those.

(I don't entirely understand the first paragraph.)  Can someone else
figure out exactly all of what we should do here?