Re: Change of C indentation style ('{')

From: Martin Stjernholm
Subject: Re: Change of C indentation style ('{')
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:16:43 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just found that, in HEAD, the default indentation style
> of '{' in C was changed in the case that it was placed on
> the next line of macros such as FOR_EACH_FRAME.

That's because CC Mode analyzes the braces differently now. It marks
them as defun-open and defun-close instead of substatement-open and
substatement-close. That is because FOR_EACH_FRAME isn't recognized as
a substatement introducing keyword, and barring macro oddities
everything else has to be function definitions.

I'm not sure what to do about it. There are other cases when this new
heuristic is useful, e.g. for functions in macro arguments or gcc
nested functions.