Re: URL

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: URL
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:20:54 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> I want it linked, or moved (preferably moved).  In either case, you can't do
> it yourself, but as an admin of URL (IIRC)

As far as I know, I just have much-neglected write access to its CVS.

> It was about generating URLs of the form `mid://...' for bookmarking
> Rmail messages.

I don't think URL has support for that, and I think it would require
support from user agents.  They would need to define a stable function
to be called to look up the message (assuming you can rely on
`read-mail-command' to be what the user wants to use).  Doesn't it
make more sense to put it in browse-url for a mail agent's use?