Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: C-z (Re: Two GTK related feature requests)
Date: 26 Oct 2003 14:01:50 -0500

> Reminds me...  I'd like to see C-z de-assigned from
> iconify-or-deiconify-frame.

Agreed.  It's very rarely useful, but often annoying.
Also it's completely non-standard, except that it tries to simulate the tty
behavior, which seems wrongheaded because iconify-frame rarely brings you
back to the "parent shell" or anything vaguely related.

But admittedly, the C-z key sequence should keep its meaning under tty-use,
so its new binding under X (and w32) should be one that is not meaningful
on a tty.

        Stefan