Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: 29 Oct 2003 13:09:05 -0500

> Web browsers waste effort; you cannot navigate through HTML documents
> quickly and easily as you can with Info.  HTML is one of the poorer
> designs.

There is no question that existing web browsers suck and that the Info
viewer is better.  Similarly, there is no question that TeXinfo is
much superior to HTML to write documentation.

But I don't see why the Info format is superior to the HTML markup
language, other than indirectly in terms of the programs currently
available that make use of them.  Could you expand a little?

        Stefan