Re: terminal escapes in Info files?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: terminal escapes in Info files?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:19:31 -0500

    The HTML for C-h i would not need to be ?real? HTML, just something
    which would look like HTML to a browser. What I mean is: It could be
    like the text/enriched format (whitespace being significant, so that
    you get a nice plain text when you just strip the markup), but with
    tags borrowed from HTML:

If we combine this idea with the idea of using an ESC character before
each <...> sequence, perhaps the result could be such that we can make
the info reader handle old info files correctly also.