Re: Suggestion: remove s/sco[45].h etc.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Suggestion: remove s/sco[45].h etc.
Date: 21 Nov 2003 12:59:11 +0100

Eric Hanchrow <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree with Kastrup and Lemon -- if SCO is worse than other
> developers of proprietary systems, it is only in degree, not in kind,

I don't think any of the other developers have gone as far as
questioned the legality of the GPL -- even claiming it to be
non-constitutional.

I agree that M$ is trying its best to bad-mouth the free and open
software movements.  However, (except for the recent "dontation" to
SCO) I don't think they have gone as far as SCO.

> and Emacs already supports lots of non-free systems.  I doubt that
> denying SCO customers the latest Emacs will further the cause of
> software freedom.

I agree, it is a concern that my proposed move isn't friendly to SCO
users, nor does it promote the use of free software on SCO platforms.

The reason for my question is that there have been recent bug reports
(admittedly with fixes) for SCO-specific problems.

Personally, I don't want to spend any time on fixing such problems,
but others may feel differently.