Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: A new online publishing tool for Texinfo documents.
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:33:09 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 04:28:44AM -0500, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:16:45AM +0100, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> > But unless you find a reason to use elinks, start with the true links,
> > as you mentioned above.
>
> AFAIK, neither the version cited here, nor elinks, is the `true' links --
> that apparently ceased development quite a while ago, and both the above are
> forks of it.

I know the authors a bit, though I've never met them in person.
clock is the login name of Petr Kulhavy, one of the principle authors of links.

So I think the URL mentioned is ``the one true links.''

But it's not important which one will be used.
I beleive many improvements migrate both directions.

> [I say this because elinks also seems to have made many improvements, so it's
> not clear whether one or the other is to be preferred; what debian packages
> is elinks.]

And it seems to have some problems.  When I go to a complex page, eg. mailman
page of holded messages, then uparrow won't get me to the top, it goes in
a weird cycle.
Though the configuration language has improved, I had problems to find the
documentation for it.

Red Hat also packages elinks, I'm actually currently using elinks, not links.

Stepan