Re: Info enhancements

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 13:53:35 -0600 (CST)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   Exactly what is the bug and what is the proposed solution?  Sample
   files?

I filed a bug report with Yuri, which only makes sense if you apply
Yuri's patch, and which was posted on emacs-devel.  Yuri said that it
was due to a pre-existing bug in Emacs Info.  It is all in the
messages you responded to (and which, hence, I assume you have read).
I am still confused about some of this myself, but Yuri gave the
impression of knowing what is going on.  I do not know anything more
about Yuri's solution than the short line you mentioned and criticized
(maybe because you misunderstood it).

   I had no idea there was an actual patch being applied.
   What other changes are being made?  While savannah is down, it's
   impossible to know what is being done.

I applied the patch to my owm _personal_ Emacs, for testing, _not_ to
the Emacs CVS.

The second part of your message is an unrelated problem.  I may send
my opinion on that one somewhat later.

The ten features in Juri's patch are mostly unrelated.  We can install
some and reject others.  Maybe we should not even be discussing them
all in a single thread.

Sincerely,

Luc.