Re: Info enhancements

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info enhancements
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:12:22 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> From: Juri Linkov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:21:45 +0200
>>
>> Although with Info-hide-note-references=t it looks awkward
>>
>>    This function looks up the target in file-coding-system-alist
>>    (file-coding-system-alist.)
>
> I think that, under Info-hide-note-references=t, a reference inside
> parens should have a "see " before the reference name.

I still think that replacing a "note" with "see" has no sense because
if the user prefers to set the Info-hide-note-references to t this
means that he don't want to see any tags before the reference name.
Since references are fontified in a different color the user can
already recognize a reference without an additional hint that
encourages him to follow this reference.

--
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/