Re: [CVS] regex.[ch] missing in CVS checkout

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: [CVS] regex.[ch] missing in CVS checkout
Date: 06 Jan 2004 15:41:22 -0600

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> However nobody seems to answer my basic question:
>
> ARE THERE ANY OTHER PACKAGES (besides emacs) WHICH USES THOSE FILES?

It may be that no one here knows.

> If emacs is the only packages which uses these files, why maintain
> them separately from emacs?
>
> All changes to those files for the last 5 years are related to emacs,
> so I doubt any other package is using them.  I don't want us to solve
> a problem which isn't there!

Sure, that makes sense.

I don't know how to find out whether they're being used by other
packages, which depend on them staying in the original repository.
Not sure where you should ask to get an authoritative answer, either,
and there's no particular reason why this list would be the place.

-Karl