Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:32:25 +0100

   From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
   Date: 15 Jan 2004 19:47:17 +0100

   Oh, come on.  Stop everybody crying "sacrilege".

???

   The question is quite relevant, even though we might not like its
   current answer.

it's relevancy is not under debate.  i'm just curious what concrete
action will come of it (particularly as initiated and enacted by the
OP), besides all this talk, entertaining as it may or may not be.  if
you feel defensive then please just try to relax -- i'm not asking you,
specifically, or even "you" generally.

   There is nothing wrong in trying to assess the current situation by
   asking on the developers' list.  Where else would you go for that?

is there something wrong w/ asking questions about asking questions?
how is one form of assessing the situation contra-indicated whereas the
other is not?

thi