Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: More enhancements to fringe bitmaps.
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:32:29 -0500

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:55:41PM +0100, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> The new code I added explicitly handles the overlay arrow as an
> overlay also in the fringe, i.e. the > icon is shown above another
> bitmap (eg. a breakpoint icon) in the same position.

Kewl.   :-)

> Using the toolbar for debugging works very well IMO.

No doubt, but I don't like using the toolbar for debugging.  Partly this is
personal preference (I tried for a while, then just stopped), but there are
also many common debugging situations where I think _most_ people (at least
those not terminally infected by windows debuggers) would use the
command-line, or at least have the gdb command buffer visible: for instance,
when you're not hitting `step / step / step', but rather `step / grovel
around in data / step / grovel around in other data / etc'.

Since the new graphical debugging stuff appears to be enabled by default (at
least, it pre-stuffs the gdb command line with the options to turn it on), I
think at the least, it ought not screw up traditional gdb-in-emacs usage.

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia