Re: emacs-21.3.50 patch for Cygwin/XFree86

From: Joe Buehler
Subject: Re: emacs-21.3.50 patch for Cygwin/XFree86
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:04:15 -0500

藤井 勝親 wrote:

> emacs-21.3.50-20040315.gz is patch for Cygwin/XFree86
>
>  dumping emacs.
>  support Xaw3D scroll Bars.

The unexec() code for Cygwin is part of the Cygwin distribution
of emacs but not currently in the CVS emacs because of license
problems (it came from xemacs).  It looks like the unexec()
added by this patch came from the same place and thus
has the same license problem.

It just so happens that I started reimplementation of unexec()
for Cygwin a few days ago (very strange that I should check
the emacs devel list for the first time in months and see the above
patch at the top...) and will have something for submission
shortly.
--
Joe Buehler