Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for "Clone Buffers" (corrected version)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:04:06 -0500

    I think we will need changes at least in install-info, since DIR file
    will have to be changed, or else an external database will need to be
    created.

Let's please first turn our attention to proposals
that do not require changes in install-info.  Only if we cannot
get that to work should we turn our attention to other solutions.

    > However, this comparison might be valid in the case of commands,
    > because many manuals might define at least one command.  So in the
    > case of commands we might want to put the command names into the
    > special node of `dir'.

    Doesn't this require changes in install-info

I don't see why.  I proposed one method which gets the job
done without any changes in install-info.