Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:10:07 -0500

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 07:02:16PM +0200, Jari Aalto+mail.emacs wrote:
> | In any case Jari's comment seems just plainly wrong -- it's _much_ easier
> | to type multiple keystroke bindings if all keys in the sequence use the
> | same modifier: e.g., to type C-c C-c C-c, just (1) hold down the the
> | control key with one finger, and (2) hit `c' three times with the other
> | finger.
 >
> This assumes, that one indeed uses two hand on keyboard.
>
> I use left hand on keyboard and right hand on mouse almost 90 % of the
> time. I have found it more efficient and faster.

You are an _extremely_ rare case then, I think -- even quite bad typists
usually use two hands when necessary to type emacs modifier bindings.  To
not do so makes _many_ bindings in emacs hard to type.

It's obvious that your experience is inappropriate for judging emacs
bindings.  [Indeed, harmful: what you find good, most people would probably
find bad.]

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that