Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Suggestion: Mapping of M-g should be goto-line
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:14:25 -0500

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 07:03:49PM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> If we look for a binding for "text processor" modes only, it would be
> more logical to have the face bindings on, e.g.
>
>         C-c C-b => bold
>         C-c C-a => italic   (easier to type that C-c C-i)
>         C-c C-d => default
>         etc.

That's something to be wary of though, as it uses up so many bindings.

It _might_ be appropriate for the most common faces in a pure word-processor
mode, but I'd be afraid of it interfering with many other natural bindings in
a mode that tried to add other functionality.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.