Re: compilation-forget-errors still used by tex-mode.el

From: Daniel Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: compilation-forget-errors still used by tex-mode.el
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:34:03 +0200

Saluton,

monnier <address@hidden> skribis:

> > text-terminal.  And it only works at BOL, whereas error-messages are now
> > recognized anywhere on a line, even one behind another.
>
> Big deal.  All people complained about is that the error-line is not
> clearly indicated now that we keep 2-lines of context because there is
> nothing more than the cursor (which is going to be hollow or maybe even
> completely absent) to tell you what line to look at.
> So adding an arrow will address this issue just fine, methinks.
>
> > So I'll have to use my own overlay.
>
> I guess I can't stop you, but it doesn't seem necessary for now.

Well, overlay-arrow-variable-list is apparently intended to be extended.  If
various commands add their own arrow-wish to this, and only the first gets
displayed, it can still be that compile's arrow doesn't appear.

And as long as this is not available on text displays it's not so good.  I was
mistaken however because I'd used the 6 months old standard emacs there.  The
only thing missing is assigning something like "-->" to overlay-arrow-string,
maybe with some face applied.

Otoh, it would be the quickest patch to make...  Since there can be only one
arrow anyway, I wouldn't worry about a new variable, simply assign something
to overlay-arrow-position.

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / läramå / ucz się    Esperanto:
                              http://lernu.net/