Re: [gnu.org #181558] format error in html mono web page

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #181558] format error in html mono web page
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:41:53 -0400

    Those are RCS keywords from Emacs Lisp files under the directory
    `/webcvs/emacs/windows/ntemacs/' which are referred from the GNU Emacs
    FAQ for Windows.

I don't know what `/webcvs' has to do with it, but I found these files in
`http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ntemacs/contrib'.

Such a directory should not exist.  These files should not be
distributed by the FSF.  We don't have papers for them, and they only
work on Microsoft Windows.  Some of them are encryption code I did not
know about.  How did this directory get created anyway?

I will have the directory deleted a week from today.  In the mean
time, if someone wants to argue why we should install a specific file
into Emacs, or why we should preserve some specific file, I'm willing
to listen.