removing .elc files for `make bootstrap'

From: Miles Bader
Subject: removing .elc files for `make bootstrap'
Date: 19 Apr 2004 07:42:01 +0900

Any objection to me changing `make bootstrap' to remove all .elc files
at the beginning?  Their presence can cover up bugs[*], and as they all
get recompiled by make bootstrap anyway, initially removing them
shouldn't appreciably lengthen the time required for the bootstrap.

[*] See the recent emacs-devel thread `Subject: batch-bytecomp backtrace?'

"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research