RE: Emacs Explorer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs Explorer?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:43:22 -0700

I thought we were talking here about dragging text within Emacs (only). A
previous discussion covered dragging text between applications and dragging
files (in general). Perhaps I'm wrong.

emacs -q: MB1, MB3, MB3 again at *same place* kills region (Emacs 20).

By MB1332, I meant move text using the mouse: click MB1 here, click MB3
there (same buffer - defines region), click MB3 again at same location
(kills region), click MB2 there (anywhere - pastes region). 4 clicks. Forget
I mentioned MB1drag32: my bad - you need to do MB1drag332, which is extra
work.

I saw the argument for providing something folks are already used to outside
Emacs. I just didn't see why this would be favored in Emacs by you folks,
who are used to the Emacs mouse. I thought maybe I was missing something.
Thanks for these reasons: better feedback and converting copy<->cut while
dragging.

 - Drew