Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors (was: Emacs Common Lisp)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors (was: Emacs Common Lisp)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 19:58:01 -0400

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 07:30:53AM +0200, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Is there any documentation describing your extension?  Does any of
> these describe the current situation?
>
>   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2001-10/msg00085.html

That's my original post.

>   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2001-10/txt00003.txt

No, this is someone else's design.  The link you posted doesn't contain any
names, but if I remember correctly it used a somewhat more complex mechanism.

> I checked out the lexbind branch from CVS.  Is that the right one?

Yes.

The authoritative source is the arch branch:

   address@hidden/emacs--lexbind--0

But I keep the CVS branch updated.

-Miles.
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research