[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VC-SVN problem
Re: VC-SVN problem
07 May 2004 14:58:17 -0500
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.3.50
Shawn Boyette <address@hidden> writes:
> Sorry if this should have gone to bug-gnu-emacs; I use CVS builds and
> thus figured that devel would be more appropriate.
> Short and sweet problem: for roughly the past 1.5 weeks, attempting to
> commit any file under subversion control results in failure. The
> messages are as follows:
> Wrote /home/mdxi/web/dict/kdict/edit/edit.xi [2 times]
> Loading log-edit...
> Loading easy-mmode...done
> Loading easymenu...done
> Loading log-edit...done
> Mark set
> Press C-c C-c when you are done editing.
> Enter a change comment. Type C-c C-c when done
> Checking in /home/mdxi/web/dict/kdict/edit/edit.xi...
> vc-svn-checkin: Symbol's function definition is void: list*
> The check-in is not successful, and the *VC-log* window is not
> removed. This isn't a killer, obviously, but it's pretty dang annoying.
> I hate to just complain about things, but I've just started studying
> my copy of the elisp intro book, so this one's pretty much over my
I believe the problem is that 'list*' is in the 'cl' package, but
vc-svn.el doesn't have
anywhere. For some people it won't be an error, because they already
have 'cl' loaded for some other reason; but in a pristine Emacs like
yours, it fails.
Stefan, would you rather require 'cl', or just rewrite
'vc-svn-checkin' to not use 'list*'?
Shawn, in the meantime, see if putting
in your .emacs fixes the problem.
- VC-SVN problem, Shawn Boyette, 2004/05/07
- Re: VC-SVN problem,
Karl Fogel <=
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Shawn Boyette, 2004/05/07
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Karl Fogel, 2004/05/09
- Re: VC-SVN problem, John Paul Wallington, 2004/05/09
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Jim Blandy, 2004/05/10
- Re: VC-SVN problem, John Paul Wallington, 2004/05/11
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Richard Stallman, 2004/05/11
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Miles Bader, 2004/05/09
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Thien-Thi Nguyen, 2004/05/09
- Re: VC-SVN problem, Richard Stallman, 2004/05/09
- Re: VC-SVN problem, David Kastrup, 2004/05/09