Re: auto-revert-mode and tramp file handlers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: auto-revert-mode and tramp file handlers
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:35:12 -0500 (CDT)

>From my earlier message:

   In the described situation I am off line.  Do you mean Tramp is trying
   get me back on line?  If so, there must be something wrong with my
   setup, because that definitely never happens.  Anyway, getting on line
   takes me on average 30-40 seconds, and often takes more than the
   allotted 60 seconds.  So it is definitely _not_ something I would want
   to have tried on an automated basis, even if I could correct my setup
   to do so.

I sometimes forget the totally obvious.  All of this assumes that my
modem is still plugged in.  Often it is not and then, obviously, Tramp
is not going to be able to get me back on line.  Even in this
situation, Tramp still tries to connect me for 60 seconds, whereas ssh
notices that this is futile in less than one hundred of a second.

Sincerely,

Luc.