Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:39:37 -0500 (CDT)

Here is another strange error occurring once in a while:

(find-file "/ssh:raven.dms.auburn.edu:sequences.texi" t)

(command yanked from minibuffer after C-x ESC ESC.)

result:

vc-rcs-fetch-master-state: File
/ssh:raven.dms.auburn.edu:/home/teirllm/sequences.texi,v is not an RCS
master file

(yanked from *Messages*).

That file is not under RCS control.

This was actually the _first_ remote file I tried to visit in that
session and it happens only every now and then.  The vast majority of
the time that I execute exactly the same command for exactly the same
file, I do not get that error.  In contrast, the base64 thing seems to
happen _consistently_ when I try to visit the _second_ remote file.

Sincerely,

Luc.