wrong order

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: wrong order
Date: 18 May 2004 14:18:13 -0400

I'm pretty often using Emacs over X11 over a DSL connection
and noticed a funny thing: when a buffer is displayed in two frames,
a buffer-modification is often redisplayed in the inactive frame before
being redisplayed in the active frame.
I don't think that it is always "inactive first": it's most likely somewhat
random (linked to the arbitrary order of frames in some list somewhere),
but in any case, I think it would make a lot of sense to first update
"current window", then "windows on current frame", then "frames on current
display" on only after all that, the rest.

        Stefan