Re: next-error-last-buffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: next-error-last-buffer
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:46:16 -0400

    When users want to go to the next place in the patch file they can
    revisit it by killing a buffer and visiting it again (e.g. by C-x C-f).
    This way the variable `next-error-function' will be set again
    in that buffer.

Sorry, I don't like that--I think it is a problem, not a solution.

    If there is a real need to enable next-error-function in the existing
    buffer visited by next-error (i.e. if it's not too rare case when the
    user needs to kill a buffer and create a new, that may be inconvenient
    if performed too often), then next-error-function could be enabled again
    by setting it to the initial value by typing C-m or one of other error
    visiting keys available in the next-error capable buffer.

That might be an ok solution.  It is worth trying, at least.