Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:37:25 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       The variable `query-replace-interactive' isn't documented in
       emacs.info or elisp.info.

   If we document this option, the logical place for it would be the
   Emacs manual.  But we cannot set the goal of mentioning every option
   in the manual.  It would make the manual too big to print.
   I am not sure this option is worth adding.

   One of the benefits of Custom is that it will help users find
   options without having to put them in the manual.

`query-replace-interactive' is not a user option.  It is defined using
defvar in replace.el.  Its docstring does not start with a `*' either.
Of course, we can not document every single defvar either.

Should it be a defcustom?  Is it something one would want to set
permanently to t?  (I would not want to, but might other people want
to?)

Sincerely,

Luc.