Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: improving query-replace and query-replace-regexp
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:28:09 +0900

>     This is a case where `minibuffer-electric-default-mode' would really
>     help...
>
>     What do people think of enabling this by default?  Not only does it
>     reduce minibuffer overflow, but I think it makes the user-interface
>     more intuitive.
>
> Let's several of us try it for a week, then talk about it again.
> I am trying it now.

Thanks Richard (and David).

BTW, the other little minibuffer hack I had proposed enabling by default
was `file-name-shadow-mode' (which indicates what part of a filename
being entered in the minibuffer will be ignored); I think you've been
using this for a while, what do you think?

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?