Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:29:15 +0200

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:09:28 +0200
Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've
> updated init-image-libraries to do nothing (except returning image-types)
> if its argument is nil, as this is going to be the most frequent use.

Scratch that: if init-image-libraries does nothing on nil arguments,
image_types would not be initialized in ports with static libraries.

Two fixes:

 a) Initialize image-library-alist with a non-nil empty alist, like

    (setq image-library-alist '(t))

    (overrided on term/*-win.el), which will be reset to nil on first
    use anyway.

 b) Implement image-type-available-p like that:

    (defun image-type-available-p (type)
      "Value is non-nil if image type TYPE is available.
    Image types are symbols like `xbm' or `jpeg'."
      (if image-library-alist
          (prog1
              (memq type (init-image-libraries image-library-alist))
            (setq image-library-alist nil))
        image-types))

    which is less elegant.

I favor option a), with a suitable comment in code, of course,
explaining what's up.

                                                                Juanma