Re: desktop.el and minor modes

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: desktop.el and minor modes
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:47:38 +0300

Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>>Unfortunately, this patch is still broken, because now your MUA
>>replaced all tabs with spaces even in the attachment!
>>
> Come on, Mozilla didn't do that! And did that really stop you from
> trying my patch?

`ediff-patch-file' failed to apply it.  And I didn't want to fiddle
with this problem too much trying different options etc., because
I suspected that since the patch is not in its original from, I may
run into other problems.

> Anyway, I just installed it (modified to bind dired-mark-omitted to
> M-O) together with and update of dired-x.texi.

OK.  I will try it from CVS.

>>From your mail headers I see that you sent it with Mozilla.  I must say
>>that it is a pile of crap (I mean its email client, not the web browser).
>>Dump it and start using REAL (i.e. Emacs-based) mail agents.
>>
> I used Emacs as MUA a couple of years ago, but I was annoyed by its
> unability to handle MTML formatted mail.

Does MTML mean Mangled Text Markup Language? ;-)  Anyway, I think
HTML email is a bad thing.  But Gnus still can handle it pretty well
with w3m package.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/