Re: font-lock-keywords uses only facename

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: font-lock-keywords uses only facename
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:33:53 -0400

    Except for the standard `font-lock-...-face' variables, do we have any
    idea how widespread the use of variables-pointing-to-face-names in
    font-lock expressions is?

    If it's extremely rare, I'd be um, less nervous (don't want to say "more
    happy" :-), simply making a rule that says "you can't use variable names
    there except for the standard ones", i.e., use this code instead:

       (if (and (symbolp expr) (not (memq expr standard-face-variables)))
           (list 'quote expr)
         expr)

If that is rare, I think this would be a good solution.
Does someone want to check?