Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:36:04 +0900

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>> However you are giving the impression that you somehow think the `3d' faces
>> are bad, even if they were used a bit more consistently with the way other
>> use them.
>
> If all the points I raised were fixed, they would not be bad.

Er, they're already `not bad', though of course they might be better.
I'll look and see how simple it would be to fix some of these things
though (especially the mouse-over behavior seems kind of silly -- I'll
bet it was added just to show off the `mouse-face' property... :-).

You might want to update the sources you're using, BTW -- based on the
examples you gave, you seem to be using something several years old.

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."