Re: Possible UTF-8 CJK Regressions in Terminal Emulators

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Possible UTF-8 CJK Regressions in Terminal Emulators
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:39:39 -0500 (CDT)

Ken'ichi HANDA wrote:

   It seems that my recent change caused this bug, but I can't
   reproduce it.  At which bootstrapping stage, does the above
   happen?  Before byte-compiling or after byte-compiling?

Juanma already answered that question.

Some extra info that may or may not be useful, but I provide it just
in case.  Bootstrapping works completely fine after emptying
subst-ksc.el and subst-jis.el.  Loading (or byte-compiling) these
files in a running Emacs works fine, but for some strange reason
apparently not at the early stage at which you are trying to load
them.  Just a wild guess: _maybe_ you might be able to reproduce the
problem by running `make maintainer-clean' before bootstrapping.

Sincerely,

Luc.