Re: C-h C-i

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: C-h C-i
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:47:23 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I will create a file etc/FOR-RELEASE, and start it off as below.
   Would people please post other items of work they believe is needed?

   ** Test the mbox branch of Rmail.

   ** Install the mbox branch of Rmail.

   ** Finish updating the Emacs Lisp manual.

   ** Finish checking the Emacs Lisp manual.

   ** Update the Emacs Manual.

   ** Check the Emacs Lisp manual.

I believe that last item is supposed to be:

   ** Check the Emacs manual.

Beyond that, non-trivial changes have recently been made to the Emacs
Info reader.  info.texi does not seem to have been updated for them.
Even though info.texi can be thought of as being mainly a texinfo
file, I believe that it is important that the version that is included
with the Emacs distribution accurately describes the Emacs Info reader
of that distribution.  So I believe that man/info.texi should be
properly updated before the release.  I do not know whether Juri is
planning to take care of that.

Sincerely,

Luc.